Events of the day:
- Distance Running
- Pool Long Jump
- Beer Shotgun
- Dizzy Bat
Things I learned:
- Decathlons are tiring. Even those that include Beer Shotgun as an event.
- Watching a decathlon is also tiring. At least for me anyways.
- Wrestling is much more exhausting than I thought and it is also sort of intimate.
- One can have incredible and limitless control over boys when giving instruction in the name of competition. Good to note.
- When Americans compete in Dizzy Bat, Congolese think we are entertaining but crazy.
So, in summation, the First Annual Kinshasa Decathlon was a big Congo-sized success. Check ESPN for Top Ten plays. Be there next time.