Saturday, November 6, 2010

Goat murder!

There is murder in the neighborhood.

Apparently, our next door neighbors are having a party tonight. And, apparently, there is going to be goat on the menu.

This afternoon, I was on our back balcony filling up water pitchers from the distiller and throwing some laundry in the washer when I heard a horrible cry. Is it a person? Is it...who knows what in Congo? Maybe it's nothing. Back to the laundry. But then, again...the horrible Baa-aaaa-ARGHHHHH! Wtf?

I scan the Republican Guard soldiers to the left...nothing. One is peeing in a bush and the other is twirling his AK-47. All clear there. I check out the neighbors directly behind us. All clear. Then I spot our neighbors to the right. And it's not pretty.

One little goat is being held down. There is previously cut- up meat on the driveway. There are more innocent little goats watching the carnage. I've seen enough.

Now, I'm a full on omnivore. So it's not like I don't know how hypocritical this sounds. But goats are cute and tubby and have short legs! But anyway, that's that. Saturday in Congo. Less Crate and Barrel, more goat massacre.

No comments:

Post a Comment