Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Soccer Game

Warming up for the World Cup, my friend L and I went to a US Embassy Kinshasa vs. US Embassy Brazzaville soccer game. The players are all Congolese embassy employees and it was a really good match (in my expert soccer opinion, of course). The goals have no nets, there are definitely no lines on the field (or grass, for that matter), and there are only enough uniforms for the active players in the game. We asked what the substitutes wear when it's their turn to go in and, duh, they just switch with the outgoing player. Given this fun fact, I think it's quite advantageous to be a starter.

Our new friend and fellow sideline commentator. I think the word needed to describe the situation here is "cutie pa-tootie".

1 comment:

  1. Now, that's a face! Did you have good conversations with him?

    ReplyDelete