Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Ho-Ho-Hot Holiday

Christmas in the Congo. Not exactly white with snow. Nor a winter wonderland. Of all the holidays, this one was definitely the hardest to be away for. We really missed seeing family and doing all the traditional holiday stuff. Luckily, we have found some really good friends here and spent the day with them (and a big pot of melty fondue).

All month long has felt a little pretend. Like allegedly it's December, but I am lacking the solid evidence that it's not still August. I normally love Christmas season. But this year, try though I might, I couldn't convince myself it was actually here.

One place to buy an xmas tree here...Sold in Congo, made in China.

Our sad little gingerbread house. We tried to convince ourselves it was Christmas with this masterpiece.