Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lac de Ma Vallée

We recently went out to Lac de Ma Vallée with a group of people. Lac de Ma Vallée is a lake about an hour outside of the city where you can have lunch and paddleboat on the water (I use the term "boat" loosely). It was a really nice break from the craziness of Kinshasa, although not without a few Congo-ey moments.

Our trusty sea vessel.


Despite reason, I decided to join Henry on this contraption. As soon as we kicked off from the dock I realized that my feet did not reach the peddles and also that I really really didn't want to fall (or sink) into a murky Congo lake. Luckily, we made it back mostly dry and without foundering.


I'm fairly certain I saw something move beneath us...

These kids are way smarter than us.

Here is where we had lunch, after we made it back to shore.

4 comments: